set-apart heart

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Autumn is when God gives the trees highlights

I have become aware that it is now NOVEMBER! Wow. Time has been flying and leaves have been falling! Autumn is definitely a favorite season of mine. :) God makes so much beauty! The colors proclaim His glory and shout His goodness. There are moments when I just sit and stare, in awe of God's handiwork. His beauty takes my breath away and captures my heart!
one of the little leaves I collected on a walk :)


October highlight....

Tia's Wedding!



One of my best friends since childhood is now a MRS! Yay! :) I was very honored and privileged to be her Maid of Honor. The wedding day was absolutely beautiful (not to mention tons of fun!). 

The weekend started out on Friday, October 15, 2010 (my birthday!), with all the girls getting our nails done. I can't think of a better way to spend my 22nd birthday than with a dear friend, *and* getting my very first manicure ever! Twas quite fun getting pampered! :) Then, that evening was the wedding rehearsal and dinner at Neighbor's Place (which was delicious! I had salmon, steamed broccoli, a baked potato, and some kind of incredibly rich and amazing dessert that involved coffee ice cream, chocolate, whipped cream and caramel- YUM). I stayed Friday night at Tia's house so I wouldn't have to drive back and forth as much. I am so thankful we were able to talk and spend time together that evening. It was definitely a sweet time!



October 16, 2010- The Wedding Day!


It was such a sweet thing to watch my friend walk through her wedding day. She was so peaceful. She wasn't stressed or fretting over things.She was just thrilled to be marrying her best friend. Her heart just seemed so happy, so at rest. It was such a beautiful picture! I cannot help but be reminded of the great wedding feast that is yet to come for Christ and His beloved bride. As Christians, we are the bride of Christ. We are preparing to spend eternity with Him!



"...Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless." (Ephesians 5:25-27)



What are we pouring our energy into? What is our heart focusing on? Are we letting the peace of our Beloved rule in our hearts? Are we investing in His Kingdom, or a kingdom that will pass away?

"Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth." (Colossians 3:1-2)

"fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:2)




No comments:

Post a Comment